Hail and welcome to the new episode of Frithcast! Please share and enjoy!
Things we talk about in this episode:
'Ancient Whispers I' by P C III, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence.
'Round II - The Ancients' by Learning Music, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence
Background campfire ambience assembled using samples and mixing tool at http://www.ambient-mixer.com.
I remember what this is called!
Kate runs out of steam
People get excitable as to choice – other Asatru groups are available...
Havamal – translated by Bellows (1936)
A list of the 5 rough sections of the Havamal:
- Section 1: Guest Rights and Responsibilities: verses 1-80. Especially verse 77 “Cattle die, kindred die...” and keeping guests knees warm.
- Section 2: Verses 81-110. On Women: including 2 stories of the seduction of women.
- Section 3: Verses 111 – 137. Advice for the Stray Singer: “I advise you...” Especially verse 127, the basis for Declaration 127 signed by TAC.
- Section 4: Runes: verses 138-146: Especially verses 138-139 which describe the Allfather’s self sacrifice to obtain the runes.
- Section 5: Verse 147 to the end: Charms:”I know a first, a second” etc. Verse 157 mentions the runes again.
Translation and language considerations
9 noble virtues
How to find us online
Section 2 is actually 30 ish verses, not 20 ish. 80-110. My bad.
Some of the translations available online: (most at: http://www.heathengods.com/havamal/index.htm)
Bray – also available at http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/havamal.html
Auden and Taylor